Work with us!
Find opportunities to join our team here. Black Public Media is currently looking for:
Position: Black Public Media Program Associate
The Black Public Media is seeking a Program Associate for the Program Development Department to help
coordinate and administrate BPM’s various program activities for multiple media platforms. The BPM Program Associate is a key support position within the program development department. The program is responsible for coordinating the delivery of media content to BPM as well as assisting in the communication and distribution of this content across multiple media platforms. Major duties include:
- Providing general project management support (follow up email/phone calls, notification of overdue
materials, etc…) of BPM’s funded and acquired program content.
- Notifying producers of acceptance or rejections of funding requests.
- Overseeing the BPM’s digital media content archives.
- Overseeing Station Relations Consultant as needed for select projects.
- Serving as staff liaison with AfroPop’s Series Producer, APT; WORLD, station relations; PR
- Drafting initial funding and acquisition contracts and following up to ensure execution.
- Managing and tracking Producers’ deliverables.
- Maintaining BPM’s grant reporting records.
- Coordinating screenings of BPM program content locally and nationally.
- Administrative and programmatic tasks as assigned.
The right applicant must have a combination of administrative and communication skills with an interest in digital media content management. S/he should have excellent writing skills, be organized and efficient, be able to work across computer platforms (PC /Mac), including strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and suite of Google platforms. Applicant should also be familiar with databases (MS Access or Filemaker Pro), have some experience in sales, have excellent follow through, and enjoys working
with people. Applicant should be personable as he/she will be the first line of contact within the Program Development Department. The right person for this job is someone whose primary work experience is in arts administration.
This person is reliable, consistent, and yet flexible enough to be able to accommodate the variable pacing of an expanding media arts company. This position is NOT for the aspiring film producer or director. Applicants interested in making films should NOT apply for this position.
This is a FT Salaried position at $40K annually with benefits.
BPM is a 38-year- old non-profit media arts organization that specializes in the funding, production and distribution of broadcast and new media content to public and private media systems. BPM also provides training in new media systems to independent media creatives.
Please email a cover letter and resume with “Programs Associate” in the subject header to email@example.com. Or mail to: BPM, 8 W. 126 th Street, New York, NY 10027 Attn: Programs Associate Position