Work with us!
Find opportunities to join our team here. Black Public Media is currently looking for:
BPM is seeking dedicated college or mature high school students who can serve as interns for our fall, winter & spring programs.
- The BPM+ VR Mixers and Activations (Fall/Winter/Spring): Black content creators have a chance to familiarize themselves with emerging media content and equipment & meet Black creatives working in emerging media (VR/AI/AR). There are 3 events this fall and several lined up for the spring. Interns must commit to attending a 1-hour training, and working two mixers and one activation event. Email Lisa Osborne – LisaO@blackpublicmedia.org
- 360 Incubator (Fall/Winter) : Professional Development & Mentoring for emerging and mid-career producers. Interns should be interested in event planning and programming. Hours can vary, but interns who can give us 10 hours this semester will be able to attend the 360 Fellows weekend retreat in Mid January. Email Denise Greene – email@example.com
- Pitch Black Forum (Winter/Spring): 360 Fellows and other invited producers pitch their projects to public media executives, investors, and funders. Interns must commit to 4 hours/ week February – March, and work the Pitch Black Forum or the Awards Ceremony. Email Alexis Aggrey firstname.lastname@example.org
- AfroPoP Wrap Around Productions (Fall): We need PAs for a two-day shoot. Email Duana Butler email@example.com
- 40th Anniversary: From public screenings to an Unconventional Gala, our 40th is going to be very robust. Interns should be interested in cinema studies, archival research, community engagement, or event planning. Hours will vary. Email Alisa Norris firstname.lastname@example.org
BPM can cover subway travel expenses for all interns. If the student can give us a minimum of 25 hours per semester they’ll earn a $250 honorarium/semester.