Work with us!
Find opportunities to join our team here. Black Public Media is currently looking for:
Position: Black Public Media Program/IT Associate
The Black Public Media is seeking a Program/IT Associate that will work closely with the Special Initiatives Director and Marketing Director. This person, working in a fun, fast-paced, small team environment, must be able to juggle several, varied tasks. The demands are similar to film production and event planning positions. This is the ideal position for someone with a passion for African American, documentary or social issue films and interested in supporting filmmakers through the training and funding initiatives offered by Black Public Media.
- Working with Director of Special Initiatives on programming events including contacting vendors, scheduling flights, booking hotels, and responding to needs of approximately 200 guests
- Work with the Director of Marketing to design, update and perform frequent and thorough testing of website and related applications for various initiatives
- Provide WordPress technical support for the BPM websites and be able to address and troubleshoot issues
- Work within tight (sometimes overlapping) deadlines
- Collecting and organizing project deliverables (i.e. narrative & financial reports, invoices, receipts, etc.)
- Providing updates to Directors
- Communicating with partners and filmmakers as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Exemplary time management and task prioritization
- Self-driven, able to work remotely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with corporate social media accounts
- Experience with event planning needs
- Experience in an administrative support position
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Google Docs & Sheets
- Experience with setting up and maintaining databases
This is a FT Salaried position at $40K annually with benefits.
BPM is a 39-year- old non-profit media arts organization that specializes in the funding, production and distribution of broadcast and new media content to public and private media systems. BPM also provides training in new media systems to independent media creatives.
Please email a cover letter and resume with “Programs Associate” in the subject header to email@example.com. Or mail to: BPM, 8 W. 126 th Street, New York, NY 10027 Attn: Programs Associate Position