Jacquie Jones Memorial Scholarship Guidelines
Please review the guidelines below before completing this form. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
To be eligible for the Jacquie Jones Memorial Scholarship Fund, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The project includes a diverse producer or director with a minimum of 3 years of professional producing and/or directing experience;
- Proposed content is a nonfiction short form or feature film, podcast, web series, or 360 VR project intended for public media distribution;
- A project is in R&D, production or post-production phase and can be completed by no later than May 31, 2021;
- Applicant holds artistic, budgetary and editorial control and owns the copyright of the proposed project;
- Projects or production entities must be U.S.-based, owned and operated;
- Projects must be suitable for public media distribution; and
- Industrial, children’s, promotional, advocacy pieces or student films are not eligible.
Application Deadline: Sept. 30, 2018
For more information please contact JJMSF Project Manager, Karen McMullen, Karen@blackpublicmedia.org
Announcements of Scholarship Winners will be made by January 2019
RIGHTS AND RELEASES Projects selected for funding will receive a BPM funding contract. The contract is not a grant but a licensing agreement in which BPM is granted exclusive or shared domestic public television distribution rights as well as the exclusive or shared right to package, schedule and promote the program through public broadcasting. BPM makes no expressed or implied commitment to financially support a project until an agreement is signed by both the applicant and BPM. As a condition of the funding contract, producers must agree to BPM's standard terms and conditions, including the following: — For broadcast projects, assignment to BPM of public television broadcast rights for four (4) years over national public television, off-air record rights, and internet streaming rights; — For web projects